Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ergo Performance Review


We recently added 2 new Ergo Performance carriers to our Lending Library!  I am super excited that we made this addition especially since I have wanted to try the Ergo Performance for a while now.  The sporty look and the fun, vibrant colors are what have always caught my eye.  The carrier was originally released in grey and lime green and is now available in black/charcoal and true blue.  Both our carriers are blue and it really is a beautiful blue in person!  The performance model weighs slightly less than the original Ergo and feels and looks less bulky than the original.  I was even able to fold it compactly enough to fit in my diaper bag. 


I have a 3 year old a 23 month old and a 3 month old.  I was able to take each one of them for a spin!  I really liked the support and comfort in a back carry with both my 3 year old and toddler.  They both fit well in the carrier and were able to ride arms in or out.  The straps are contoured which kept me from feeling like the straps could slid off if the chest clip wasn’t immediately secured and helps keep them in place so you don’t have to fuss with them once you get moving.  They are also nice and thin but still provide tons of comfort and avoid any underarm rub.   The chest clip is fantastic as it is on what looks like a piece of piping so it slides pretty effortlessly along a track allowing for easy adjusting.  I was able to wear my 3 month old in a front carry, however I did need to put a rolled up blanket under him as the carrier is still slightly large for him.  I personally found that the contoured straps meant that they came a little closer to my neck than I prefer in a front carry but that doesn’t mean that will be the case for you since we are all different!  Another thing that some might be sensitive to is the texture and feel of the cool knit or mesh like material that is used on the carrier including the shoulder straps.  Some might find it scratchy or just not like the feeling of it on their skin.  This would really only be an issue if you are wearing a tank top or sleeveless shirt though.  Of course the performance has a handy zipper pocket to put your keys, phone, wallet or other small items in.  It also has 2 buckles to easily attach a cargo pack which can be purchased separately. 

 


Overall the Ergo Performance is a great option for those looking for an SSC.  It is easily adjustable, can take you from infant to toddler, and a great option if you are looking for something a little more lightweight than some other carriers out there.  Stop by our next meeting and try out the Ergo Performance or we also have the original Ergo in our lending library as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment